Unread 07-10-11, 07:23 PM   #41
drecan
Zombie
Hi my name is Tim AKA Drecan (most of my MMO toons are named Drecan).

I honestly haven't even played Rift yet. And before anyone askes yes I've been living under a rock for the past 6 months but that rock was made of lots of ocean and a big metal aircraft carrier -.-.

I'm interested in trying to get on the Addon "band wagon" for Rift. I did a couple of addons for WoW (played for 5 years) nothing worth mentioning and most of the time it was for my own use or use of a friend.

I mainly used addons just to make my UI mine so to speak. I run a 23" monitor @ 1920x1080 and will force everything down to the bottom of my screen so I have a huge landscape for my viewing pleasure. Depending on the character and what I would be doing no hot bars would be on shown on my screen.

As soon as I get off this hunk of metal (which will be soon finally) I do play on play Rift (already bougth the collectors edition while it was on sale for digital download).

Since I'll be new to the game (will be playing Defiant more then likely) I am also going to be looking for a shard to call home (hint hint).

Well this was just supposed to be a short and sweet about me. Looking forward to using these forums and hopefully gaining some insight into Rift addons and maybe helping people out.

Tim AKA Drecan
drecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-11, 07:50 PM   #42
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Welcome to the site, and thank you.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-11, 04:25 AM   #43
Tinyu
Bomani Harbinger

G'Day im Tinyu also known as Lothaer on other UI sites, yes I am a genuine Aussie which makes me pretty thick skinned
Tinyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-11, 06:29 AM   #44
Aieny
Veiled Ripper

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ugh, I got Aussie in my UI (*winkTinyu*).

So, Drecan, what the name of your "93,000 tons of diplomacy"? I used to serve as MM2(SW) on the USS Enterprise.
Aieny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-11, 08:39 PM   #45
drecan
Zombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
So, Drecan, what the name of your "93,000 tons of diplomacy"? I used to serve as MM2(SW) on the USS Enterprise.
lol your not going to believe this im on the USS Enterprise right now lol. I'm not stationed on the boat, I'm currently stationed with VAQ-137 as an AT2
Unread 07-12-11, 01:03 PM   #46
TMc51
Claw of Regulos
Quote:
Originally Posted by drecan View Post
lol your not going to believe this im on the USS Enterprise right now lol. I'm not stationed on the boat, I'm currently stationed with VAQ-137 as an AT2
Electronic Warfare, niiiiice.
TMc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-11, 04:12 PM   #47
drecan
Zombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMc51 View Post
Electronic Warfare, niiiiice.
Lol yeah it's fun. Finally back in the states going to spend some much needed time with the family and then buying a new laptop that can take my multitasking lol.don't want to setup my desktop at the moment lol. So new laptop here I come. Once that happens I will be more active on the boards
Unread 07-15-11, 06:51 PM   #48
daisydu72
Zombie

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Welcome everyone! We are very excited to be able to open the doors on RiftUI!

I'll go ahead and start. Many of you will know me from our other sites, but for the rest of you:

Hi, my name is Cairenn. I am one of the founders and admins on our group of sites. We (myself & Dolby) have been running interface sites for the MMORPG community since 2002. We currently have 6 sites with this being our 7th, covering 8 games. You can find links to our other sites in the footer at the bottom of the page.

Before anyone asks - yes I am an honest-to-goodness female. Still somewhat of a rarity in the MMORPG world I know, but there are a few of us around. I've been a fan of Interface "modding" ever since my introduction to it with EverQuest and my enjoyment of the communities that we create for those of like interests has only continued to grow over the years that I've been involved with it. I am the 'face' of the site, taking care of all of the front end requirements on a site like this; taking care of you guys (our authors and users), being the liaison between our sites and the respective game companies, etc.

So, enough about me. Allow me to take this moment to give you a brief introduction to the rest of the staff and volunteers. Dolby is the other founder and administrator on the site. He's the one that takes care of all of the coding and such needed to keep the site running smoothly. I'd also like to introduce you to Nobgul and Seebs. They are the first two volunteer moderators for the site. Try not to be too mean to them.

Everyone, please do feel free to say "hi" and introduce yourselves.
MY NAME IS DAISYDU72 MY REAL NAME IS DAITCHIE BOYD....I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIGHT PROGRAMS...BUT I AM A BIG FAN OF RIFT. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ADDONS FOR RIFT...SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS I AM NOT YELLING....I LOST MY READING GLASSES AND I CAN SEE WHAT I AM WRITING A LIL BIT...BUT IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.
WELL I AM 38 YEAR OLD MOTHER OF A WONDERFUL 17 YEAR OLD THAT JUST GRADUATED FROM HIGHSCHOOL THIS YEAR...MY FIANCE IS DANIEL MARK LEBLANC JR. DANIEL GOT ME INTO WOW IN 2008 WHEN WE FIRST GOT TOGETHER...I COULD NEVER REALLY CATCH ONTO THE GAME BECAUSE THERE WAS SO MUCH TO LEARN AND TRY TO REMEMBER BECAUSE THE LICH KING VERSION JUST CAME OUT....WELL AFTER CATA CAME OUT I WAS JUST NOW GETTING TO KNOW THE DUNGEONS AND UNDERSTAND THE STATES OF EACH CHARACTER...WELL THEN THEY NURFED MY TOONS SO I HAD TO RELEARN MY TOONS ALL OVER AGAIN.....I JUST GOT DISGUSTED WITH IT AND STOP PLAYING. BLIZZARD DON'T KNOW HOW TO LEAVE A TOON ALONE AND THEY DON'T REALIZE HOW HARD IT IS FOR SOME PEOPLE WHEN THEY WORKED REALLY HARD FOR THEM TO LEARN THERE TOONS...WELL I COULDNT HANDLE IT....RIFT IS A DIFFERENT STORY....I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT IT IS EASIER TO PLAY RIFT THAN WOW....I THINK IT IS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO EMPRESS ANYONE WHEN IT CAME TIME TO WANTING TO GO TO RAIDS...I FOR ONE WAS JUDGED BY MY CHARACTER....I WORKED REALLY HARD ON ACEINDEATH MY DEATH KNIGHT TO GET HER UP TO RAID MATERIAL...THEN AFTER THE PATCH JUST BEFORE CATA....SHE WAS RUINED....I WAS SO MAD....THEN EVERYONE JUST STARTED JUDGING ME AGAIN AND TURNING ME DOWN FOR GROUPS....IN RIFT I AM IN A GUILD....OCEANIC....THE ARE A VERY GOOD GUILD AND THEY HELP ME AND EXPLAIN THINGS TO ME IF I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT...I AM NOT CONSTANTLY ASKED WHAT MY SCORE OR HEALTH IS OR WHAT MY EXP IS....HERE I CAN BE MYSELF AND IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO PLAY BECAUSE I AM NOT UNDER LOTS OF PRESSURE TO EMPRESS ANY ONE...I KNOW IT MIGHT GET LIKE THAT ONE DAY...BUT AT LEAST I WILL BE WITH MY GUILD AND HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF EVERYTHING...THANK YOU TRION FOR MAKING RIFT. THE BEST GAME EVER...DAISY
daisydu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-11, 07:42 PM   #49
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Welcome to the site daisydu72. Hopefully you'll get some additional enjoyment of the game thanks to the work of the authors here that will be creating addons for the game.
Unread 07-26-11, 11:02 AM   #50
Levva
Zombie
Hi I'm Levva and I'm an Addon Developer. See first step to recovery is admitting the truth.

I'm probably best known for the WoW addon for Enhancement Shaman ShockAndAwe. I'm also the author of the Rawr addon for WoW, Rawr.Enhance, a project co-ordinator for EnhSim and one of the Super Moderators at MMO-Champion.com.

I've been playing Rift since beta but paused when my mates from WoW stubbornly didn't join me. Now that addons are on the go with an API available (very very minimalist at present) I'll have a bash at writing a Rift addon. Plus my mates are starting to say that patch 4.2 for WoW is so poor that they are already fed up with little to do and its been out for less than a month. So who knows they might join me after all.

My first project is already started on Curse and I'm gradually picking apart the API & example coding to see how it all works although I'm not fully sure the API supports what I need yet.

Anyway I'm very pleased to have found a dedicated resource for Rift Addon Developers and hope to discuss many things here over the comming months.
Levva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-11, 01:23 PM   #51
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Welcome Levva. Yeah, I know you from your addons on WoWInterface. I hope you will feel free to host your Rift addons here as well.
Unread 08-20-11, 01:17 AM   #52
Meph
Zombie

Hi, all there ...

I am an somewhat older woman from Germany loving MMORPGSs after being seduced by ZELDA ...

I've been using Cairenn's, Dolby's and Drakah's UIs since 11 years now (or were it 12 already ), starting with EQ (with my bard "Saph" on Solusek Ro, oh yes, those were the days ) over WOW (with a lot of toons on a lot of servers - my user name "proke" at WOWInterface) a short trip (from BETA to a bit over a year) to AION and now I'm playing RIFT (since prelaunch) too.

Far away from being able to develop my own addons I am a vivid user though - addicted to beauty - and therefore I am really curious how RIFT addons will develop.

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Money is better than poverty if only for financial reasons.

Last edited by Meph : 08-20-11 at 01:21 AM.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-11, 01:57 AM   #53
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
*huggles Saph/Proke/Meph*

Welcome to yet another of our sites! Good to see you here too!
Unread 08-23-11, 02:19 PM   #54
Cazrin
Zombie
Hello I'm Cazrin and a budding add on developer! I don't know LUA yet but as a developer both professionally and in my spare time I will hopefully pick it up in no time while chipping away at the add on API.

Not even level 50 yet but getting close (47 right now) and can see me playing the game for some time and would like to invest some effort in a few add on ideas I have.

Looking forward to seeing what the community here can produce!
Cazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-11, 02:42 PM   #55
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Welcome to the insan ... errr, community ... Cazrin
Unread 10-03-11, 08:07 AM   #56
Mightyprawn
Zombie
Herro!

Hello people! I've as alot of you played WoW for several years, and I just recently switched to Rift, and might get into AddOn development (even though I just barely know LUA )

- Mightyprawn
Mightyprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-11, 12:55 PM   #57
Lildry
Claw of Regulos
Hello Everyone

I am Lildry, I am currently enrolled at Unveristy of Phoenix getting my BA degree in Information Technology WebDesign/Programing. I already have an associates degree in information technology webdesign. I am really good with HTML and photoshop, I have taken C/C++ class and I did well in it. I will be takeing java classes later this year, unfortantly the school doesn't offer any LUA classes and I need to learn it on my own with the help of some of you.

I am intrested in a few types of application, I would like to work on healing addon, chat addon, and decurse addon. I have already learned to creat slash commands using Lua and now I moveing on to learn to make a simple default window. Next I would like to learn to build a raid frame.

I have been spending alot of time working on Lua application over the past 3 weeks and I found that the API has alot of things that need to be added. The things that we can do with the API is currently very limited. I think that the Rift API is easy to read compared to WoW and when it is completed it will be far better than wow. I hope to work with some of you soon.

Regards,
Lildry
Lildry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-11, 10:17 AM   #58
Strider
Zombie

Just pop in to say

Hello every one just joined you Rift is the first online game I have played so I am still learning loads I have found I like the mage the most I have a 2 Rogues but the have there rump kick a lot of the time

Strider
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-11, 12:47 PM   #59
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Riftui Admin
Hi Strider, welcome to the site.
Unread 01-07-12, 10:21 AM   #60
Acidon
Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Hi, all there ...

I am an somewhat older woman from Germany loving MMORPGSs after being seduced by ZELDA ...

I've been using Cairenn's, Dolby's and Drakah's UIs since 11 years now (or were it 12 already ), starting with EQ (with my bard "Saph" on Solusek Ro, oh yes, those were the days ) over WOW (with a lot of toons on a lot of servers - my user name "proke" at WOWInterface) a short trip (from BETA to a bit over a year) to AION and now I'm playing RIFT (since prelaunch) too.

Far away from being able to develop my own addons I am a vivid user though - addicted to beauty - and therefore I am really curious how RIFT addons will develop.
Hey! You no doubt zoomed past my chars a few times with your selos on Solusek Ro back in the day. That was my server as well (Before Bristlebane swallowed it (grumble)). Good to actually see someone else from good ol' SolRo =)

Anyway, I'm a fairly avid developer though I've never publicly released anything. As someone else said, I believe, I like to make the UI and it's functionality "Mine". Who knows, I may yet release one of them sometime. I may have released one for DAoC back in the day. Don't remember if I did or not. That was some of the best fun modding. WoW may have topped it if I had played the game for any length of time, who knows.

So, here's to Rift and the success of all the great authors here!
Acidon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackRiftui » General Discussion » General Rift Chat » Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!